Written by Alexandra Moxin
Cale Moodie is CEO and Director of Neptune DASH. Neptune DASH is the first public blockchain company that is entirely focused on the DASH eco-system and the first public company to exclusively own and operate masternode assets as a business. Fidelity investments is a major and supportive shareholder of Neptune DASH.
Cale’s career in public market finance spans well over a decade in roles as founder, CFO, director and audit committee chair for numerous publicly traded companies on the TSX-V. He has been involved in over $100M in financings and instrumental in numerous transactions including the sale of Underworld Resources (as CFO) to Kinross Gold for $140M in 2010. Prior to working in industry, Cale worked for KPMG LLP in Vancouver and has been an avid follower and investor in the digital currency and blockchain space since 2013.
Look for Cale at Ethereal and Consensus 2018!
In this episode we cover
- Cale’s background
- Neptune DASH and the mission of the DASH blockchain
- What makes DASH different from other blockchains
- The DASH Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) and how it’s funded
- DASH masternodes and the difference between miners and masternodes
- How DASH uses masternodes as a scaling solution
- How a masternode is paid, built and connected to the blockchain
- The importance of voting and on-chain governance protocols
- The driving force that inspired the creation of Neptune DASH
- What sets Neptune DASH apart from other companies and protocols in the space
- Some of the goals Cale has for Neptune DASH and plans for 2018
- One of Cale’s early mentors
- Some of the challenges Cale faces as Director and CEO
- What interested Cale in cryptocurrency and blockchain and what keeps him involved in the space
- Some of the emerging trends and applications Cale sees in blockchain
You can reach Cale @MoodieCale on twitter and LinkedIn. Find out more about Neptune DASH on their website or by going to any of the social links below!