Written by Alexandra Moxin
Pavel Bains is the CEO of Bluzelle - one of Asia’s leading blockchain technology companies. Pavel is a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer. Pavel is an expert in digital media having worked with Disney, Microsoft, Warners Bros, DreamWorks. Pavel is also a frequent contributor to Forbes, Huffington Post and Fast Company, writing articles in the areas of finance and digital media.
We cover a lot about the distributed economy, decentralized applications and infrastructure in this episode, so get comfortable and hope you enjoy listening to this episode as much as I enjoyed making it!
In this episode we cover
- Pavel’s background
- How Pavel became involved with Blockchain, Bitcoin and the Decentralized space
- What motivated Pavel and Neerage to create Bluzelle and a little bit about its origin story
- Current issues handling volume of data storage, security and scalability in the centralized Internet model
- Why moving to a decentralized Internet model improves storage, security and scalability
- Some of the goals Pavel and his team are hoping Bluzelle will achieve
- The infrastructure services the Bluzelle platform will provide and some of its strengths
- Some of the challenges Pavel faces as CEO
- Executing their now closed ICO, finding the right depth of information to share and ensuring the platform remains secure
- Product development and supporting the developer community who will be using Bluzelle
- Bluzelle’s product roadmap and what Pavel and his team have planned for 2018
- In April 2018 - initial technology, swarming, initial customers
- In July 2018 - beta, available to everyone and enabling users to earn Bluzelle coin
- Developing their target market (developers)
- The benefits of focusing on decentralized and open source technology and what it can do
- When Bluzelle needed to pivot; some of the learning and outcomes
- The evolution that led to discovering the need to build a decentralized database layer
- Moving from an enterprise first service model to supporting small to midsize blockchain developers then general developers
- Some of the emerging trends and applications Pavel sees in the blockchain community
- Building out infrastructure for the decentralized intranet
- Building products to solve immediate needs of the cryptocommunity such as better wallets, decentralized exchange protocols that allow the exchange of different tokens, security
- Building better supply chain and logistics for existing businesses
- Pavel’s thoughts on some of the first useful decentralized applications to build: better logistics, better digital rights management
- Broken systems and how decentralizing authority and services improves things
- Pavel’s upcoming conference appearances
- Understanding the implications of handling your own security in the decentralized economy, protecting yourself from fraud
- Why heavy regulation is not the answer
- Wealth and asset creation in developing countries
- Pavel’s request for our audience: if you’re looking to invest in cryptocurrency, ICOs and token sales please educate yourself!
You can find out more about Bluzelle by going to their website, and signing up for their weekly newsletter which covers product development, recent articles and appearances.
Look for Pavel on the Neo DevCon Mainstage January 30th to 31st, at Money 2020 in Singapore, Tokenfest in San Francisco in March and many other conferences throughout 2018!